We are currently developing the online version of our math curriculum. Here is a sample lesson:
Finding the area of a circle
A circle is a collection of points a certain distance (its radius) from another point, its center. The area of the circle is all of the space inside of it.
To find the area:
- Take the radius (r) of a circle (the distance from the circle’s center to any point on the circle itself)
- Square it
- Multiply by π (the Greek letter pi, pronounced “pie,” is an irrational number that’s a bit more than 3: round pi to 3.14 or 22/7)
- That gives you the circle’s area (all of the blue space inside of it).
The formula for these steps: π r 2 = A
- r is the radius of the circle
- A is the area of the circle